- Guide: Setting up Slack for your mutual aid group
- JoinGroupChat.com. Create a WhatsApp group easily with this free website. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Volunteer and community outreach tools
- MobilizeAmerica. A volunteer engagement tool which has offered their apps for free for mutual aid organizers.
- Action Network. A volunteer engagement tool that has offered their apps for free for mutual aid organizers.
- Golden. Has specific tools designed to support mutual aid organizing.
- SignupGenius. Allows volunteers to “claim” tasks and activities.
- NextDoor. A social media platform for engaging with whole neighborhoods. Has some useful features for mutual aid organizing.
- MutualAidNYC’s mapping team is building new features to make the map on our website more interactive and useful. To make feature suggestions, send us a message on the Mutual Aid NYC Slack channel #digital-data-mapping, on the GitHub mapping repo, or by email to email@example.com. You can see more of our mapping work and join us on GitHub.
- BetaNYC’s map aligns different ways of setting boundaries of districts together to help with defining a neighborhood.
- Medford and Somerville Mutual Aid’s straightforward resource explains how to use Google forms and Google Docs to create a map. They provide information allowing non-coders to create a map that matches volunteers with needs and shows available groups in the area.
Data and privacy
Recommendations for keeping volunteer and requester information secure when building mutual aid groups: