Our goal at Mutual Aid NYC is to support people working on mutual aid in their communities. If this is you, here are resources to help with your work.
List your offering on mutualaid.nyc
Step 1: Tell us about your group!
- Are you part of a group that provides community support? Register your group to help community members find the resources you provide.
- Self-defined Neighborhood Mutual Aid Groups will be included in our Mutual Aid Groups Directory.
- All groups that submit information about the resource/s they provide will be reviewed for possible inclusion in our Community Resource Library.
Step 2: Tell us what your group does!
- Once you’ve registered your group, tell us about the resource/s you provide.
- Submissions will be reviewed for inclusion in our Community Resource Library.
Step 3: Keep us updated as your group evolves!
- Already register your group, but need to update us about changes to your group or the resource/s it provides? Suggest a change.
Once you’re registered, we can add your offering to this website, making it available to New Yorkers and mutual aid organizers around the city.
FAQ: How to raise funding for mutual aid
Get tips on fundraising platforms and organizational structures, accepting and disbursing funds, transparency and government oversight, and more.
Mutual Aid NYC support services
Mutual Aid NYC is a community of volunteers supporting mutual aid organizing across the city. Reach out to one of our three specialized volunteer groups to get help with the technical side of organizing.
Get help building tools, websites, or systems to support your mutual aid work.
Get help translating materials into multiple languages so you can reach your community.
Get help creating flyers, social media graphics, or any other visual media that you need.
Find resources + groups
As noted above, Mutual Aid NYC is continuing to gather and share a collection of resources for New Yorkers and a map of all mutual aid groups across the city.
Share these resources with your community and find other groups to collaborate with.
We are building a space for those doing mutual aid work to share lessons, tips, and tools with other organizers and volunteers.
We hope this space will make it easier for you to do your important work, connect with one another, and distribute what you’re learning about community-driven mutual aid in the time of COVID-19.